Do you ever get annoyed when someone says they will do something and doesn't?

Okay so these 2 individuals have wasted the past 3 days for me saying they will call and then they don't and then I call them and then they say they are too busy and that they still need to meet with me and then they set up a time to call me and then they don't and use the excuse of forgetting then the cycle starts all over again. Why do people think their own time is the only time that is of value? Why do people think they can give others the run-around and expect to be respected? I mean seriously? I've been very patient, kind and respectful and they act like their schedules and time are all that matter. They didn't say they were sorry not even once! But then they stress how badly they need to meet up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• ive had ths happen to me alot. the next time that happens tell them your to busy to talk to them at the moment. turn the tables on them .
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 3:10 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You should tell them how you feel. I've done that in this kind of situation, it really helped things.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:04 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• my husband does this ALL ALL ALL the time! so annoying!
    kstn415

Answer by kstn415 at 7:05 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• this is my hugest pet peeve. i hate when ppl do this. its very rude. i would say something and if they cant respect that then theyre not good friends.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 7:13 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Tell them when you call them that if they catch you that's great, otherwise THEY will have to wait. I despise other's who think their time is more important than mine. Don't wait!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Is this for a job or something important or is it just friends. I hate when people do this and have not talked to my BFF in about a month because she kept doing this to me. She promised to come visit me since May and she kept saying she would call then wouldnt call, then she would text saying she would call so we could talk about dates then she wouldnt call, then she finally set up a date three times only to cancel. Screw that, I used to live 7 hrs from her, now I only live 3 hrs and she cant come visit me. I have visited her at least 4 times since I moved away 4 years ago. Obviously Im not a priority to her and life is too short to surround yourself with people who dont respect you.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 1:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010