my 4week old

My sons Kindergarten teacher really needs help in the classroom I'd love to help out my only prob is I'm sat at home with a bachelors degree in Education and... A 4 week old baby. So my q is, is it too early to take her out and expose her to a bunch of kindergarteners?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would give it a couple more weeks. After that, go for it!!!! It'll actually be good for the baby and help her/him build up an immune system. Speaking from experience with 4 kids, the more their exposed to germs and can build up an immunity to them, the better, especially if they have an older sibling who's bringing home all the sick germs from school anyways.
    troie0527

Answer by troie0527 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I'd wait a little longer, maybe 2-4 weeks. I took my son to help in my daughter's class parties starting at about 2 months old!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• oh goodness, the day I left the hospital with my oldest, we went to a baby shower for a friend

took my other children to walmart the same day as being released!

plus if you are breast feeding, your baby is getting your antibodies anyways!

if you want to help, then help!!!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• shoot my kids have been out and about from day one and no ill effects. and two were premies
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 12:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Erm... you can take your baby out from day one it was born. Their immune system wont build up if you keep them at home ;)

And of course you can take your little baby to the kindergarten. Every child loves babies. If the teacher is educated enough she will tell the kids to not scream while the baby is around ect. In matter of fact, they will probably be all around your little precious and look at it.

It wont effect your baby at all.

Go have some fun... and take your little one with you. :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I'd do it.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 3:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Yes, It's too early. Those kids are always sick this time of year! Don't do it! I wish you were in my area. I would love to babysit a 4 weekk old baby. Find a good babysitter! www.Sittercity.com
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You also have to think about the baby getting TOO MUCH STIMULATION that will make her VERY FUSSY!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• As a pediatrics nurse I would avoid young children at this point. The reason being is we are coming up to a very germy season and when an infant under 3 months gets a fever it's a VERY big deal... as in hospital stay! And you would increase the risk of your baby getting things like RSV, influenza and Rota virus! Not good things for a baby so young. I would wait until you baby is 3 months old at least.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2008