why so much anonymity?

Why do we ask so many anonymous questions or answers are we afraid of peoples thoughts that much or that we might get a PM from them berating us? That's What the report button is for right?

HTMommy

Asked by HTMommy at 1:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in About CafeMom

• What if it really is a stupid question? ;) (i'm kidding! sort of)

You can hide behind that anonymity, though it is annoying sometimes... You can't really do that in real life.
    Ellie19

Answer by Ellie19 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i almost never use anon
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Probably because some people have real life friends here on CM and don't want them to know all of their business ;-)
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I find it annoying when they ask stupid questions anonymously.
    "Should I cut my hair and dye it red? -Anon"
    Ugh.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I agree I have used anon only a small number of times. Like 4 in all my time on here.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think some people make fake accounts so it really makes no difference. If I do not know you, you pretty much are anon to me already.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I know some of the questions I wouldn't think why hide from them. I'm not sure why they do that you get no credits for doing so. I know that some hide because they have real life family and friends on here but some of the questions why hide from them
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Cause they're scared
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 6:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• What I love is when someone asks a question anonymous then whe you ask them a question there reply is done with there name.... not that I could care I just think it's funny they go through the trouble and then tell you who they are.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't really care if people post anon. While you can block the crazies, you can't block them from following you in the answers section so at times its easier to just answer anon so you don't get snarky remarks from them. I've only had one "crazy" do that to me and it was enough to make me want to to go anon on occasion so they don't know personal information to use against me in other questions.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2010