WHAT DO YOU THINK........

Do you think that gays choose to be gay or is it in their DNA???

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 10:40 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Someone told me that there was a recent study that showed that it was a choice not DNA. Personally, I find that maybe it was just curiousity that got the best of them. And at the end they enjoyed it, so now they gay??? Just my thought on it. But I would never judge anyone. I don't hate gay people. I have friends that are gay. So what, it's their choice.
    MamiSanford

Answer by MamiSanford at 10:44 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You already know my answer.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i think it could be both..everyone one in my family is straight except my sister.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Why would you choose to be with the same sex..I think it's DNA

Answer by louise2 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I think it is just biological. I don't think that people really want to be shunned by certain people, and treated badly because they want to be with someone of the same sex. Love is love anyway.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You just want opinions. So, mine is that I don't think many people actually CHOSE the person they fall in love with. Different people are drawn to different looks, personalities, lifesyles.... It is proven that we are attracted to specific facial shapes. It seems to me that those who are attracted to the same sex aren't chosing. Now, I think some do, just like some crazy people chose to fall in love with serial murderers in prison. But, all in all, I don't think who we fall in love with is a choice.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 10:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Actually, there was a study that concluded that their was evidence to show that there were significant differences in those heterosexual and homosexual brains of all things!  I can't remember the exact study, will look for it and post once I find it again. 

But as far as choosing, I think that would be a foolish choice to make, to make your life even harder?  Look at all the discrimination homosexuals face, the lack of rights.  Who would chose a life like that?  Honestly, I believe we are all born the way we are (sexual preference), it's the rest that is a result of our environment , personality etc..

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 10:55 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Its all whats in their brain chemically i think, but most of all its free will

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• a little of both. I do believe that a person can get mixed up in the womb as far as what sex they're supposed to be, look at hermaphrodites, who are born with both sets of organs. The parents choose which one, and it could be the wrong one by what their brain thinks.

I think their is a choice to it too. Personally, I'm straight but have made the choice to sleep with a woman.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I do not think that people are born gay. I think the homosexual lifestyle is wrong and God would not make someone that way. I think we are born with a lot of "baggage" from our parents, their parents etc and if they havent given those issues up to God yes I think we can pass those spirits onto our children. These are just my beliefs, but God doesnt like it so he wouldnt have made it. Dont start a debate with me.. I do not hate gay people.
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2008