How do you feel about a one world government?

There are people who believe that this one world government is going to happen very soon. Some say it has begun because of the EU(European Union). Soon to follow this country will be part of the NAU(North American Union). Then the African Union and the Asian Union. Once these things are in place they will be unified into a one world government. How do you feel about that? In theory wouldn't our constitution be void if the US merged with Canada and Mexico. How would our laws change? Think about these things.

aquamarinemom

Asked by aquamarinemom at 10:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think it would work. Firstly, how could you ensure that it wouldn't turn into absolute monarchy at some point.?   It would have to to work, ( and by work I mean actually be viable not good for the people). We would end up with governors for each country and one absolute power that would take control over the world, that is not scary, it's downright terrifying!

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 10:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• um according to snopes, the NAU is a myth! so I am not worried about it at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I hope ill be gone in the rapture by then!!! only 500 out of the org 2500 prophosies left.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• "if people who are called by my name will turn from their evil ways and pray I will hear their cry and HEAL their land (U.S.) says the Lord in the bible...we have turned away so bad from gay marriage to bad buisness men who deserve jail time.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:17 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Don't you find it egotistical to assume that God is so worried about our country when genocide is going on in others?
    Anonymous

• njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 12:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I agree with JCrestored me.... I don't plan to be here when it happens.. but it will happen. I base this on biblical prophecies.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I don't think it is likely to happen.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• All I can say is that is a very SCARY thought!!!
    Anonymous

• This would be bad, to unify every government. it would be a way of controlling the citizens of the world. our freedoms we so enjoy here in America would end up being cut down by those governments that we would join as a compromise to their ways of thinking. It wouldn't just be the US's laws for the world
    AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 2:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2008