can a person be in love with two people at the sametime

my daughter is 19 and has a 3 year son with her first love. the brokeup and dated other people. shes now pregnant with another guys child who she thinks she loves but he cheated on her with his ex. the first boyfriend is expecting a child with his ex.now hes here with my daughter sleeping in her bed. she doesnt know what to do

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 2:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I think that there is only one mate for everyone. She needs to think hard before making any more babies.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't agree that there is only one mate for everyone... but I do believe that you cannot be inlove with two people at the same time.... Love to me requires a full devotion.... I think she is just confused, Carrying someones baby dives into alot of "love" emotions that might be false.... She needs to follow her Head not her Heart because her Heart is on over drive with her hormones: ) Trust me I know!!!!
    If she is unsure the best thing for her to do is to just go, spend time alone by herself, reflect on her life and her decisions... Sooner or later the answer will come...
    Accidents happen and I feel for her. I hope she doesn't let her Hormones run away with her and end up being with the wrong guy... but True love only has one partner... Not two ... Maybe Lust is what is grabbing at her... Best of luck to your daughter... tell her to keep her chin up
    Niltiak

Answer by Niltiak at 3:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• be by yourself for a while, u have a baby to think about now...
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 3:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• no you dont love 2 at the same time. you lust 2 maybe. but not love not the forever type. but people always have that soft spot in thier hearts for thier first love. ya know? sounds like she needs to focus on HERSELF cause her choice in men currently isnt healthy
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Well maybe that's possible, but that's certainly not the case here.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No, IMO you can only be truly in love with one person
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• but how would you chose. one one hand you have the current one who cheated with the girl who fixed you up with your first love. who is suppose to be wiser and is 8 years older than you and also has a 6 year old daughter . im 19 hes and hes 27. the first one never cheated was there through my first pregnancy. was there when i had my c-section. he was abusive . he had anger issues . hes fine now. theres alot of family isuses in his family.mostly with his dad. but he finished school and hes going into the military. hes really is a great father .the second one tries to compensate to his daughter by buying her expensive toys. i had to go to the hospital recently for bad back pains, he thought i was panicing. i found out i had small kidney stones. i think sometimes he feel im weak. the first preg i had them to . the first one didnt make me feel that way.
    stressedoutgran

Comment by stressedoutgran (original poster) at 7:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• So she's cheating on the guy who cheated on her with her ex who is having a baby with another girl? Love isn't confusing. When you love someone you don't mess around with another guy. When you love someone you are honest. They make you a better person. Love isn't all that complicated really. You can be "in love" with two people but that isn't real love it's hormones and excitement. Real love is being willing to deal with the days that aren't exciting and putting up with the crap that pisses you off because you know that in the end that is person who makes you whole. That is the person who really knows you and loves you anyway.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 1:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• PS Real love isn't abusive or scorning. Someone who really loves you won't treat you badly or even put you in a position to make a bad choice. If you want my honest opinion your choice should be yourself. Grow up and raise your daughter and find someone who is going to be good to you. You don't have to be in a relationship right now.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 1:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• birth control
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 3:32 AM on Sep. 7, 2010