If your candidate makes a pleasant remark about his opponent.....what does it say about you when you react like this?

Granted,we are all passionate about our beliefs, but to hear people calling, no Screaming for a hanging? Why is it when their supporters do this, it's acceptable? I have never heard this at any other campaign stop (Clinton or Bush or Obama ) . What have we come to when we fall into Neanderthal-like behavior? Al Queda need not worry about how to plan their next attack, we are doing a wonderful job of destroying our country from within! Tell me what you think, am I wrong? Is this truly the way we should be reacting? This is not a random occurrence, it is happening at McCain/Palin rallys all around the country.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27130171

hibicent

Asked by hibicent at 10:45 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• But it's ok for McCain and Palin to be bashed, made fun off in every TV show on television. Thats all in good fun right. No wonder McCain supporters are pissed. Obama people are too brainwashed to see how hypocritical they are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• eye rollingI am sooooo not into politics. I really feel that neither candidate will change things for the better. Rather, they will do what they can to further their own agenda. But, calling for someones death is ridiculous, and frightening. Is that necessary? Poking fun is one thing. You can't be in the public eye and not get made fun of. (thank you SNL) Those that can't take a joke are most likely the ones that are screaming for blood. I have seen plenty of jokes about either side of the election.

evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 11:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• your question is confusing or maybe i'm just sleepy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• This isn't a call to vote for either side, I am just seriously concerned about what direction this is going. Like evilabbysmom said, it's one thing to poke fun at and to satirize a candidate, but to call for their death? Seriously?
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:43 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It is the desperation of the old conservatives that are rapidly loosing their grasp on this wonderful country. When someone is losing, they get angry and lash out.

Now, that is not to say that there are very intelligent decent smart decisive conservatives that are for progress in this country and voting for McCain. But I am confident in saying that NONE of the people screaming at McCain rallies are the intelligent conservatives.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 12:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I actually respect McCain a little more now for defending Obama yesterday. That woman that called him an Arab had NO right to, NOBODY ever called him an Arab.

But it pissed me off when he broke down and called Obama a "good man" and the people at his rally booed him. That's just sad. You don't have to like the other candidate...but you SHOULD respect him.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It's interesting too see how both sides of supporters are responding. We had Obama and McCain both come to our town and non Obama supporters were very respectful and did not protest during his rally.
    However, at the McCain rally, Obama supporters were making fools of themselves with their megaphones and costumes and dancing around the street protesting. While McCain spoke, non supporters were shouting all kinds of disrespectful things.
    Not too mention that more McCain signs are being stolen and damaged then Obama signs. I can see where this country is going just by the behavior of the Obama supporters.
    Go McCain!!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I think it is very sad how ignorant people in this country are.
    Anonymous

• I love watching Conan, Leno and Letterman, all they do is make fun of McCain, but say hardly anything negative about Obama. So, of course it's fun to make to laugh at McCain, but how dare anyone say anything about Obama.... I am so sick of this election. I am actually ashamed to be an American right now and my entire life I have been the biggest patriot ever.
    Anonymous

• There will always be the dumbass in the background yelling out the nasty's that we all drop our jaw open over. I am sure in the past elections there were some present even then...it just wasn't heard.

We have it right here on cafemom as well. It's everywhere...but yes, I agree with you. Al Queda need not worry about a new attack...we are doing it to ourselves.
    Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2008