Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

dont know how to title this

ive always let people decide my life choices for me. i was a stay at home mom. raised 3 beautiful kids. married a man i adored. he passed away in oct. i dont qualiy for surivior benifits im not old enough. any money i recieve is for taking care of our special needs son. we just cant mke it. i have a 19 yr. daughter who has a 3 yearold son. se works part time at a fast food place and goes to a community college . she also takes care of her son. shes pg. again. i want i need to move to a different city a different state . i cant make ends meet here. i live in ca. we are getting kicked out of our apt because i can afford the rent. i want to see her settled somewhere before i move out of state she wont move. but how also worry about my grandson. i just dont believe at her age she can handle two babies. what should i do

Answer Question

Asked by stressedoutgran at 3:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

Level 15 (2,324 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • WOW.... That is a HARD one!!!!! Ummm damn... I don't even know what to say... I live in Minnesota and I know that we have some of the best community help programs in the US. Where are you planning on moving to? Your daughter has made her own choices and needs to be independent.... There are plenty of low income housing places she can look into and start applying for... Financial Aid for school... Many women can hold a full time job and go to school

    Answer by Niltiak at 3:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • sems to me she needs her hiney kicked in to gear. part time work isnt gonna cut it.

    Answer by sati769leigh at 4:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • Is the dad of your grandson involved in his life? What about the father of the new baby? Wondering what type of support your daughter would have if you left. I understand your concern for you grandson, and the situation but you also have to think of yourself. Your daughter might have to quit school and work full time for a while, or go to school part time so she can work more.

    Answer by pegleg63 at 5:44 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • If I were you I would take her to your local county assistance office and have her apply for all the benifits she can get from there(Im sure they can help with food and medical coverage but not cash because she works depending on the state requirements.) Then I would take her to all the low income housing development offices to fill out an application. Once houing has accepted her and she has all the assistance she needs to survive its up to her to take it from there. That's when you move on and then you won't have to be so concerned about your grand children and your daughter. Your daughter should have the father of the children on supportor apply at domestic relations. For the one on the way she should apply for WIC and get what she can from there. Once she graduates from college she will be making enough money to not have to depend on the government but these are just stepping stones.

    Answer by AngelEyva at 6:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • Give her a deadline that the changes need to happen by. Give her a option that she needs to go with you or find her own place. She will need to figure it out. Then just go by the date. You need to make a decision that is best for you and your son. You dont want to be out on the streets because she is dragging her feet. Sorry to hear about your husband.

    Answer by Esmrlda at 1:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.