i want more kids and he doesnt, i dont know how to approach it with him anymore, he gets so mad which doesnt seem fair, what would you do?

emleejanedom

Asked by emleejanedom at 4:13 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I would talk to him about why and see when he does want kids. Maybe you two can set a timeline that makes him more comfortable. Do you happen to know why he does not want more now?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• you cant force paternity on him. if he doesnt want more children right now you are likely going to just be starting a fight and hurt feelings. does he have concerns? financial etc?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:43 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would wait a while and then talk to him about it again. Find out what his concerns are. Is it money, time or space? We have five kids, but after having two my DH said he thought we should be done. Then I got pregnant with our third and at first he wasn't happy, but I had our one and only son so he was happy about that, then he said "well now do you feel done finally?" I said no, but left him alone about it for three years. Then we had the twins. Good luck!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 5:11 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Is it so important to you to have another or more kids to just get pregnant anyways(behind his back type thing)? Or leave him and find another man who does want more kids? Depending on how many kids you have together now. You might want to rethink this issue.

Answer by louise2 at 6:07 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Maybe you should have discussed this already. You say its not fair to you, but what about him?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• that's a tough decision...i can see both sides of this...sounds like you two need to have a heart to heart...best of luck to you
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You can't force him into having more children and you can't force him into seeing your side. If you're both really adament about your sides, then either one of you needs to give up or you need to decide if you should stay with him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:52 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Have you asked him his reasoning for not wanting to have more Children right now? THat is where I would start. You need to know why he doesn't want more children in order to know where to go from here or how to approach things.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010