Anyone Homeschooling. . .

And go through a last minute freak out? LOL. . . Last year for us was rough since we moved twice during the year. . . all the chaos and all really made me feel like I was letting my LO down. And when I look back on it I know I did not. . .it was just the stress of moving and all. . . but now it is all over and a new school year. . . SOOOOO exciting!!! YAY! But I was just curious if anyone else went through a little last minute freak out making sure you had all the right stuff and everything ready and set to go for your start to your new school year?

Kirs

Asked by Kirs at 4:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We unschool, so there is never a beginning or end to our schooling. Every day has the potential to become a school day, and I just buy supplies as needed, instead of trying to anticipate and stock up. I usually don't know what we'll be doing when the day begins, so it's impossible for me get ready for it.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• This is my first year of Homeschooling so I have not freaked out too much yet. I think for me it's kind of a inbetween program because I meet with a teacher once a week to go over the homework and to keep us on track.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It didn't happen for me, but I started doing my research and began HSing when my dd was 3. That way when it was time for her to be school-age and for me to start keeping records I had already been doing it long enough it was second nature to me.

Good luck with it. It really has been so rewarding for the kids and I.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 5:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We never stopped schooling entirely for the summer, so no. I find it's better to keep them working just a few hours a day during the summer, it prevents that few weeks of Total Brain Freeze once school starts up again.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We have been Homeschooling since Kindergarten and love it. . . Before we moved we did "year round" but new state new rules kinda thing. . . Once we settle in I plan on going back to our "year round" schedule as much as possible.
    I like your, my2.5boys, ideas with just buying supplies as needed. . . :) Our freak outs are primarily based on making sure we got all we need. . . and all the basic school hoopla.
    Kirs

Comment by Kirs (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• This is our first year of officially home-schooling. =D
    I was nervous at first but I know that it is what is best for my children.
    Both mine are doing Kindergarten this year.
    alexsmomaubrys2

Answer by alexsmomaubrys2 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• alexsmomaubrys2 GL I am sure you will do great. We made the decision to homeschool and I know it is the best for my DD. . . we started pre-K really and are now in 2nd grade. . . :)
    Kirs

Comment by Kirs (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• nope
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2010