not sleeping!

I need some advice! My 15 month old son has been awful at sleeping. I think it's been getting worse for awhile, and I need to do something about it. We are cutting down to 1 nap a day finally, but he still wakes up multiple times after midnight wanting milk and then he's ready to play. I know he's tired (yawning, rubbing eyes, etc), but just won't go back to sleep. If I let him fuss in his crib, he will cry for an hour before falling asleep, if I rock him he throws his nuk down and won't calm down. I'm out of ideas! He really never has slept through the night yet, but he usually only would get up once, and go right back down really well. Please give him some ideas - thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had the same problem. My son is 5 now and the only way I learned to get him to sleep through the night is don't let them nap at all during the day. If you keep them busy all day, by the time its time for bed, there begging for that warm bath and fresh pajamas to go to sleep. The only problem with this is when they don't nap during the day you might get some attitude from them and fussing. But they get used to not taking naps and get used to not napping and bam you have a little one that sleeps through the night.
    AngelEyva

Answer by AngelEyva at 6:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• is he teething? we didn't use oragel, we used a home remedy of ground cloves mixed with warm water and made it into a paste. it works just as well as anything you can buy.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I had a horrible sleeper too - he's turning 3 and (knock on wood ) is getting better but he went through many nights like your son is doing- seriously I feel for ya - LET him fuss for an hour if thats what it takes - go in there let him know its still bedtime - don't turn on the lights he also doesn't need milk and you wont be starving him by not giving it to him - at this point he is trying to learn what is working to get you in there - ugh.,. i know its so hard when you are so tired too - I wish you the best of luck - I tried and still try anything that will work for each day as nothing works every night the same way...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2010