Colicky baby

Okay I think he has colic - in the evenings he screams and cries for hours with very little relief until he finally crashes to sleep. Any advice????

JaidinsMom

Asked by JaidinsMom at 10:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put a fleece blanket in the dryer for a few minutes so that it is warm. wrap baby very tightly in it. The heat will help.

they also make a oil you can rub on their chest that helps, you can find it in the baby stuff with the teething tablets (there are also colic tablets too!)

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• gas drops might help too... mylicon is the best.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 11:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Gripe water... awesome stuff. Sold in most drug stores and Walmart has it, also.. I wish I'd had it for my second oldest. Our pedi told us about it, and thank God she did, I had colicky TWINS!!! It is very safe and it actually worked as well as they said it would.
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My oldest was VERY colicky (sp?) I don't remember mylicon back then...(I do use it occasionally with my youngest now though) ANother alternative is the health food store...they carry fennel drops specifically for babies...that helps ...Every child is different though.
    Sometimes it's a trial and error thing to find what works for you little one.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 2:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• ok i know this sounds funny bu it worked for me besdes gripe water which i used constantly if your holding them while they are crying like rocking them shove one of your breast in their stomach and that will help i mean i hope it will it workedfor my daughter she would stop as soon and that pressure was there and fall asleep..
    MOMofONE120507

Answer by MOMofONE120507 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2008