You know you want to.

After reading an e mail or note from your child's teacher, how many would like to send it back with spelling and grammatical errors corrected? I only ask because, My DH is a head custodian of a middle school where he receives and responds to many e mails throughout the day. Every time he reads one with a number of errors, he is tempted to send it back corrected and ask them "You're teaching our children? No wonder Johnny can't write. " The ones who are the biggest offenders? English teachers. The least offenders Coaches and PE teachers. You can correct this if you want. DH always does for me.

oldermomof5

Asked by oldermomof5 at 7:07 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in

• Well, I have a son that has corrected his teachers in class so much that even the students in class ask him for grammatical and punctuation help before they bother with their teacher. And yes, it is always the English teacher. He is in 9th grade and she has told him that his vocabulary is above and beyond his classmates and is putting him in Honors English...LOL He also has a tendency to stop listening to his teacher the minute the teacher starts making mistakes and so far, the last three were horrible.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I honestly can't recall if I ever rec'd notices with grammar errors or type-o's. I wouldn't send it back with corrections though, I am just not that type of person.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 1:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Now if a teacher is doing that, then may he/she should go back to school. I don't pay to much attention to that stuff, since I am also one who probably has many mistakes. What gets me is when people type in text form. It drives me nuts sometimes.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• lol, yep my husband actually does that. He doesn't see it as bieng rude, just it drives him crazy!
    AngelEyva

Answer by AngelEyva at 7:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• LOL..I got voted down. How rich is that?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Heeheehee.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I saw that. They must have been a teacher. It could also have been someone who doesn't think that children should hold their teachers feet to the fire, and point out when they're incorrect.

oldermomof5

Comment by oldermomof5 (original poster) at 7:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• LOL...oh well, I am proud of the fact that he is smart and knows it and refuses to let the teacher go on teaching incorrectly.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• hey i'm all for that! my oldest likes to correct her teachers, and she's in third. but her subject is math. she hates writing. but i think my middle is going to give her teachers a run next year. the only one in k that can read write and do math! and the teacher has a kid the same age and grade as she and he can't read yet!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Honestly, over the 5 years my son has been in school the only things I have seen in emails from his teachers are little typos every once in a while. Totally normal. However, a friend of mine showed me some notes that her son's teacher had written a few years ago and it was embarrassing to read them, she had terrible spelling and grammar and these were not simple typos, and some of them were actually hand written notes!! Eek!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010