SIDS opinion question

Why does the common person think negativly of the parents of a child who has passed away from SIDS?

AngelEyva

Asked by AngelEyva at 7:10 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Why would anyone think negatively about a parent who lost a child? That is just wrong.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Oh and to answer your question, I would say because they are immature. (just my opinion)
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:13 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yea I know, Ive noticed that when I mention I lost a child to sids they automatically think I put too many blankets in my childs crib or I didnt watch my baby enough. Just dumb thoughts. When actually my daughter died because her heart failed. It had nothing to do with any suffication but it seems thats what the common person thinks of SIDS to be.
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 7:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am so sorry, assholes! DAMN IT! you lost your child not a car!.. I am sorry people are such asses!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm very sorry you have to deal with the ignarance of people who don't know and judge you. But your not a bad mother if you lost a child to sids. you can follow all the rules and doctors orders and still have it happen. I'm sorry for you loss.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• people like to judge people too quickly. it makes them feel better about themselves.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am so sorry this happen to you, dont pay attention to those idiots that has nothing better to do
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 8:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am so sorry your child died. It is the worst nightmare come true. My heart only goes out to mothers who have experienced this tragic loss. It is awful people assume the worst. They have to. You see we don't want to believe it could happpen to us so we make excuses for why it won't.......I watch my baby, I breast feed, no blankets or toys so it will never happen to me. It is a form of self protection. Also called denile. It is a false sense of security given that any child can be at risk, some more than others. How do we know? Sometimes we just don't.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:51 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think its a defense mechanism-if they find fault in you then they feel like it could not happen to them. I think its a terrible thing to feel that way and even worse to voice it. I hope that you find more people with sympathy and understanding than the "other".
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't know, but it's terribly sad when they do. As if the parents aren't suffering enough, people have to place blame.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2010