MIL~

I am about ready to slap her in the face..
her and my 6 yr old don't get along, she is 64~
anyways she keeps making comments about like, ex.. yesterday I was going to the lake with them and she said "take him out to the deep end and drop him in", then once when we went t six flags she said "can I hold his head underwater at the waterpark?" she is saying this in front of him. Yes they don't get along his bad for her but he doesn't talk to her like that. I am really getting pissed off and told my husband if she keeps it up I am pressing charges on her!!!. She babysits our kids while we both work,but I am so ready to quit my job of 10 yrs just to get rid of her. My hubby says it is her humor and that she wouldn't hurt him ((I truly believe she wouldn't~)) But why even say it. That is NOT humor that is just down right cruel. I have also asked her may time so stop talking like that. WONDER WHY HE HATES HER!!!!!

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 7:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I would have to say something to her about it, cause it just isn't right for a grandmother to say things like that infront of her grandson.

I understand sarcasm but she's going a little too far with it, especially when it concerns a child.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• some people just SUCK! i'm sorry you are dealing with such a crappy MIL. give her another warning and let her know you are serious this time...next time she's out of your life.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Wow! She is crazy! Sounds like it would be best if she were out of your son's life...he doesn't need to hear such things!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Im sorry thats not humorous at all. That sick and sad. I wouldnt want that kind of person watching my children. She may not be physically hurting the children but mentally that get to you as a kid. I would find a different sitter. Shes acting like that makes me think she needs a sitter for herself. smh
    AngelEyva

Answer by AngelEyva at 7:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• First the comments like that to your son are not humorous they are horrible! I would tell her the next time I heard a comment like that about any of my kids, that she would not be keeping any of them! That it was not right, and she could grow up!

As for her calling you a bitch, honestly, if it were me, I probably would have called her on that too! It sounds like she is one of those people constantly shooting off her mouth because she know no one is going to call her on it. I would start calling her on it every single time she said something inappropriate.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• he is here with my 2 yr old and 9 yr old while she is here. We have asked him if she touches him he says NO!~. My two older ones I had before I meet hubby, she favor our daughter. but why would a 64yr old act like that to a 6 yr old? I have had it with her!!!
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 7:18 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Thanks. I have given her many. My hubby is going to talk to her too. Also her own husband got pissed and flipped out on her cause she called me a bitch yesterday!
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 7:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Humor or not, there is truth in sarcasm. I would not want that woman anywhere near my child.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Its one thing to joke around but to say suck things IN FRONT OF the kid? Terrible...especially at that age. Kids are forming impressions and if she doesn't want a lot of hate later, she'll shut her damn mouth.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 7:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think if my MIL ever said that to my son, or anyone said that to my son, Id tell them to get lost & not to come back... I understand she babysits for you, but honeslty is that worth having your son around her? If she says things like that to him when your around & on a family outting, what does she say when your not around? Can you find someone else to watch the children when your at work, a friend, someone whos lives on your street? If you can do it, & then tell the old hag not to come back. Call her out on it. Call her a bitch,

Its not right to speak to any child like that, at all. This is the age where they need to be hearing loving remarks, thoughtful things, even though yes we ALL get stressed from our children.......and grandchildren (well I dont, but then again I dont have any)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2010