Ovarian Cyst? Appendicitis? adult content

Has anyone ever experience an ovarian cyst? or appendicitis? What are some of the symptoms?

I went to the doctor yesterday for what I thought was a bladder or kidney infection. I've been experiencing vagina discomfort and inflammation along with mild right side and back pain.

Did the pain progressively get worst cause I feel ok?

(No bashing I'm not dying I'm just looking for general advice on other peoples experiences)

DNR

Asked by DNR at 7:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• If it were your appendix, you wouldn't necessarily feel bed unless your appendix burst. Of course, there are exceptions to everything. What did the Dr. say?
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:43 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Wants me to have a CT scan but being a single mother with no health insurance.. I'm just a little hesitant because Im not dying. Just trying to evaluate the situation clearly.
    DNR

Comment by DNR (original poster) at 7:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• In most cases of appendicitis. You have symptoms that are much like sever stomach flu. Then bam you get a sever pain in the right lower abdomen. Now my Mom had an ovarian cyst. One Doctor keep saying it was the appendix (OB/GYN) while another (Surgeon) kept saying it was an ovarian cyst.  This went on for months.The final clue? she only had sever pain when she was ovulating.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I've had both :-(
    With the cyst, it was kind of dull pain on both sides (I had some on both sides) that spread around, sort of like a belt of pain. When they burst, it was kind of sharp, then about mid-level pain.
    I had appendicitis two weeks ago. My right side of my lower stomach hurt, bad! I was tired, throwing up, when I wasn't throwing up, I was feeling like I had to. It hurt to walk, I was running a low grade fever, and was in tears. It didn't get worse until later.
    I went to the DR thinking it was a cyst or something, had the CT scan, it was the appendix and it was taken out that day. Expensive, nearly $20,000. But they gave an uninsured discount and I think I qualify for more.
    And if it is the appendix it's dangerous if it bursts, you only have a short time to get it out or it releases all the toxins in the body. Get the scan and work something out for the bill.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You will feel pain in your right side if it is your apendix and you will feel the pain before it ruptures. Once it ruptures it is literally hours before you are dead as the toxins spread throught your body. It wil hurt to walk, they do a "jump test" at the doctors office. If you can jump it is probably not your apendix. If you lay on your back and push in on the right abdomin and then let up really fast...it letting up hurts really bad it may be your apendix. I too was throwing up, had a low fever. I was hungry but could keep nothing down. A catscan is a very good way of telling if it is your apendix. Apendicitis is nothing to mess around with...and it is the top misdiagnosed condition in the medical field. Sometimes it is hard to tell. I had very localized pain, but my DD did not. My sister had ovarian cysts she felt flu like, threw up and once it ruptured she felt better.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010