Why Do The Police Let the Abuser have his Way When they know him

When I had the Restraining Order issued to my husband, the deputy who served the order let my husband remove items from the house that were marital assets and then let him get away with removing the circuit breaker from the air conditioning so I couldn't use it. Can they get away with this. The deputy works out at the gym with my husband.

emeraldmo1

Asked by emeraldmo1 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I am a seven time survivor of domestic violence. Report this deputy to his captain. He should have assigned a different officer. Go to home depot and just replace the circut breaker. Change the locks to a keyless and do what you can to keep that man away from you. Good luck.
    bronxbabe

Answer by bronxbabe at 4:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I agree. Report the officer. I'm certain the restraining order said for him to stay away not come remove items from the home. The officer was not being objective. File a complaint and I bet he thinks twice before he does that again. If it were me I'd also write a letter to the judge who signed the RO and let him know what happened. I bet that gets the officer's attention!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I wasn't in the home when the deputy removed him my brother was. I didn't find out about the circuit breaker until I got home. I live in a small rural area and if I reported the deputy I would be harassed by others in the area for reporting him. Thanks but no thanks. He is gone now that is all that matters to me. Peace and quiet. Have been with this abuser for 23 years. Never did believe it was my fault always knew he was the one that had the bolt loose. LOL Just wasn't able to support me and my daughter. Daughter all grown now and can support myself without the jerk. He never could support anything. Always relied on me to pay the bills. Couldn't just replace the circuit breaker had to replace the whole box. At least I know enough about electricity was able to do it myself.
    emeraldmo1

Answer by emeraldmo1 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Report the Deputy to Internal Affiars NOT his captian. IA takes the complaint seriously and the captain will probally just ignore you, espically if he likes his Deputy. The deputy is NOT very good at his job and is on his way to being a very crooked cop in my opinion.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• report the cop.. it's conflict of interest if he's buddy buddy with the bully
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 7:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2008