What would you do if you found out your teen was shaving her bikini area?

Would you think she was becoming sexually active? Or would you think that they're all probably doing it these days and it's just the new normal? Would you confront her about it, or just leave it alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I wouldn't think anything of it. Going bare is the norm these days.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Honestly, I would not think anything of it.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would't think anything of it... Some girls have more hair that can be seen when in shorts or bathing suits. I don't think it means sexually active. If you think she is sexually active ask her, talk to her and give her the info to protect herself. Shaving or not is not going to stop someone from having sex nor does it mean they are.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i would think the doesn't want a gross bush that gets clumpy with blood when you get your period and gets peed on regularly. i'd think that she wants to be clean
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yea that is pretty normal. Bare is more comfortable more than others. Hair holds odor and maybe she feels fresher with no hair. I wouldn't be worried at all. As long as u don't find any incriminating evidence like condom rappers birth control, things of that sort. something more direct than that. But shes a teen so your going to worry you head off about everything.
    AngelEyva

Answer by AngelEyva at 7:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I wouldn't do anything, except maybe tell her to rub some coco butter on it to help soothe the area of she was not careful enough.

I started shaving when I was 11- I swam competitively, and there is nothing more uncomfortable than a muff puff in a racing suit... Personally, I still shave, I find fur to be disgusting, trap moisture, and it predisposes you to yeast growth if you have to take antibiotics. So, as an adult I shave mainly for hygienic purposes.

No, it does not mean she is sexually active.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it, it's what some teens do now a days. especially when it comes to bathensuits / bikinis.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Completely normal- I did it all the time when I was a teenager- Bathing suits reveal a lot more than they used too- Therefore you don't want your bush to be poking out ;0)
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I still shiver over the memory of girls asking to borrow my deodorant when we had to change for gym in front of a million other girls. I'm a germaphobe. Not that my little history is relevent to your question, but maybe that's the reason she's doing it...gym class. Looking like a troll doll down there might be a bigger crime these days. LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2010