I had a friend try to kill herself adult content

Its been a week since I was pacing the olice station waiting to hear if MHMR was going to pick my friend up.....she wanted to kill her self. They didnt, she was released to me, and the did the unthinkable......took a bottle of pills...Got her self taken to the ER where I warched her get pumped and evrything....

These are my thoughts:::
Really???!?? your going to do this after I just helped you, and it wasnt enough attention for you?

I am also her boss, and she had to have a release form to return to work, she has been beating around the bush to do this...I have been working her shifts....

My question today is, is it normal to have so much anger towards her, about the "attempt", about her job, and her selfishness. Also, she thinks this was funny, goes up to Walmart, (we used to wk here) and says hey everyone did you hear what happen to me?!? Really? OK? I feel she just wants the attention..

a-boys-world

Asked by a-boys-world at 8:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Its normal to feel the anger, && your right she did want the attention..... When someone truly wants to kill themself, they dont tell a soul, they just do it... they give away things that matter most to them get withdrawn & go for it..

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would be more concerned as to why she beleives that death is the only way out of whatever she's going through to give her Suicide Thoughts.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I dont think its abnormal to have anger towards her. To me, suicide is a very selfish thing. Leave this horrible world behind and leave family and friends to pick up your pieces.

My dh has said that probably MOST of "attempted" suicides are for attention. B/c if you really wanted to do it, you would! Chances are if you were serious you would be embarrassed about it as well. I mean if I were going to do it, I wouldnt want to do it halfway and leave myself hurt for life. Know what I mean!

But obviously that being said, she has issues. Maybe you could suggest counseling for her in a very NICE way.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Sounds like an attention whore if you ask me. People who REALLY want to kill themselves do not let people know because they don't want to be stopped. I would be just as pissed as you are and I think you need to wash your hands of this person. It is NOT your responsibility to babysit her. Let her know that you are no longer going to participate in her attention seeking behavior. Good luck!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:18 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Thanks, I believe there are No "attempted suicides" just selfish sttention grabbers lol if that makes sence?!?
    a-boys-world

Comment by a-boys-world (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think it's perfectly normal to be mad at her. Suicide is a very selfish thing to do in my opinion. Not to make light of anything, but it's been my personal experience that when someone is doing it for attention, they call the person that will come running to rescue. If they are serious about it, they don't call or tell anyone.

Good Luck. It sounds to me like she needs inservice psych help. I'm kinda surprised the hospital didn't suggest this.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong with you being angry at all. Now if she was seriously depressed and not going around bragging about what she had done, then maybe it would be a different story. I know where you're coming from though because I have a friend who is a cutter and who also ALWAYS talks about "Fuck my life" and is always saying she is going to kill herself.... then everyone comes to her rescue and says they love her, etc and then she never does anything. I don't think she ever will... not that I will tell her that to her face because I do love her... but it is getting OLD and getting old QUICK!
    She has a counselor now and is on medication but of course nothing helps because she is so "sad and depressed". What kills me is that I have actually been diagnosed with Generalized Depression and Anxiety Disorder. I take herbal supplements to help myself not go nuts.. and I don't walk around talking like she does.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes & no. I do believe that there are true attempted suicides... Been there. & I know it was selfish of me. but at the time I didn't want to live & didn't think anyone cared. It was really hard to struggle with...... No one knew... Thats how my best friend & I became friends growing up. He saved my life.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Mom2twobabes::: I have suggested Counceling, but MHMR is involved so they are offering her help.....She has a monthly meeting, monthly counceling, and evaluation of her meds monthly as well....

Just to let yall know I have not talked to her, and I dont want to.....She calls me everyday, and I dont want to answer bc I am not ready, I just am not ready to let her know that I am angry, upset, disappointed!
    a-boys-world

Comment by a-boys-world (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No you are not wrong for feeling the way you do! If she is doing it for attention(and or thrills); she is doing it because it works!!! My word of advice to you is to stop getting personally involved with fellow employees!!! My sis also works @wally world and has a very hard time doing this. As much as I love being around people and getting to know them, I have learned the hard way that there has to be a thin line between "professional and friendship" relationships @ the work place. I am guessing their is a lot going on with her and that she may have an underlying illness!? Either way you need to just step back refocus and regroup; let her bask in the ugliness of her actions if she wants to because you can not control her actions!!! You tried being a friend and obviously that's not what she wanted or else she would have kept that type of embarrassment quiet and between the two of you. Let her go because she is self destructing!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2010