Do you think these idiots make all gun owners feared/look bad?

BLOUNTVILLE (WATE) - A gunman who pointed his weapon at a school resource officer in a Sullivan County high school Monday morning was shot and killed, according to officials.

He was identified as Thomas Richard Cowan, 62, of Kingsport.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, that's crazy. Of course there are people who would. For those of you afraid of guns, be afraid of the gun not every person who owns one.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Personally I don't think it makes anyone look bad other than the people who do stupid stuff with guns. Smart people don't judge the majority based on what a few do.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• sure, it onlytakes one asshole to ruin it for the rest of us!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes, I agree.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• eh, I hate that.. I also hate when a child is shot because the parents didn't put away their guns better, nor teach their children about the guns..

Hubby Has like 7 shot guns & two handguns, & I have two handguns my self. At five John knows hes not allowed to mess with them. They are all safe & put away. Unloaded & all have safety's on, && Locked...........

People like that really suck sometimes...
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• pretty much.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:44 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No, I don't think it makes all gun owners look bad. There will always be the person (like this guy) that make something bad out of anything, but I try not to let those assholes create a bad imagine in my mind for the ones who don't abuse the privileges.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• People who are afraid of guns don't need a reason. Just telling them there is one in the building with them is enough to make them irrational. Incidents like this don't help, but the problem exists without them - if this guy had never been born, people who fear guns would still be afraid of all gun owners and think they are bad/wrong/evil.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have to disagree, NP.

I'm afraid of guns. I don't like them, and I will not allow one in my home or around my child. That doesn't make me irrational about them though. I don't think this idiot makes all gun owners look bad/wrong/evil.

If you feel it's safe to have guns in your home, have at it. I don't, and I won't. Why does that bother you so much you need to make huge, sweeping, insulting generalizations?
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have to disagree, NP.

Answer by DEpley 9 minutes ago
    *************************
    I know how you feel. We are probably the "only ones" who do.....
    I have known so many people and a few relatives who own guns and they just don't allow me my opinions. They think I am wimpy and weak because I don't like weapons..guns, bow and arrow,any of them. I guess we just have to be silent in a world of gun owners,huh?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2010