OH MY! Guilty of salt poisoning her infant?

Brewington says she didn't mean to hurt her son, but police say they believe she harmed him to try to get sympathy for herself.

Gee but she 'didn't mean' to harm him...

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• She probably has Münchhausen By Proxy...not saying it excuses her, but, it does shed light on why she did it and why she needs help...lots of it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You have to take a test to drive a car. But the idiots, they get to have kids.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yeah, they keep making their kid kind of sick so they get all the sympathy and attention. Weirdness if you ask me. She needs commited for a long time to indefinitely.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I beleive she did it intentionally. Knowing that it will kill the baby.

That is so sad.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• She probably has Münchhausen By Proxy...not saying it excuses her, but, it does shed light on why she did it and why she needs help...lots of it"

This is exactly what I was going to say. What fuels that disorder is in it's own questionable, but I'm willing to bet she has this disorder.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. I remember studying it in college. Anyone remember the mother from "The Sixth Sense"? She was poisoning her daughter to get attention. Munchhausen By Proxy.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Disgusting woman. I agree its probably Münchhausen...but still.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• She could be suffering from Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome. Of course she isn't really suffering and she is still guilty of a horrible thing but it is a real mental disease and she will probably get stuck in a mental hospital for a few years.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am the parent of two children who are considered "Medically Fragile" by the state. I know how it is to parent MF Children and it is such a blessing. It seems to me like that she did not want to deal with the issues her son had. How sad. I hope the little guy gets adopted by an amazing family.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• WTH is wrong with people
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010