TMI (sorry, I really have to vent) adult content

Ok so I really have to vent about this!
When I have my period, always my second day is the worst. But I hate it when I stand up, all this gooey stuff comes falling out of my Vag. Its disgusting and If im at work, I dot usually have time to change my pad. (Im a wedding planner.) Does this happen to you and Does anyone know how to stop this from happening besides using Tampons?

janieishappy

Asked by janieishappy at 8:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• I had a similar problem when I was working in the OR. Some surgeries last for 3+ hours and having a heavy flow is not ideal. Any chance you can use Birth Control Pills to make your periods lighter? My doc put me on "Seasonale" pills so that I would only have a period once every 3 months and they keep my periods light and down to about 3 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Have you thought about using a menstrual cup? I just got Instead cups at Walgreens. If they work out, I'm gonna invest in a Diva Cup.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Gooey stuff? Mucus? Clots?
    If that's what your period consists of,you can't stop it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i have the diva cup, it's awesome
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Same here. I guess it's just part of it all. I guess just prepare for it and keep alot of extra supplies with you. :-) Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Ugh. I tried instead a long time ago, even if it wasn't very full it would leak when I sneezed or coughed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yep mine are like that too! you are not alone and it sucks pretty bad...the only relief ive ever gotten is from birth control. the consistency of my flow is almost syrupy so tampons dont work because they dont absorb it. sometimes even pads dont do a great job...i will only use Always pads tho and i rarely have leaks or bleed through and trust me my second day is my worst too and my whole period is very heavy because i have endometriosis....the joys of being a woman!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Thank you guys so much!!
    janieishappy

Comment by janieishappy (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010