teachers....

do they stop teaching when they get home? or do they contion it? which do you think?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in

• The awesome ones teach at any given opportunity until they just can't. My father was one of those. The Children and adults loved him. A question would come up and it was always ask Dad ( grandpa ) but be ready for the full answer and be ready for questions if he didn't know then it was well lets look it up we might learn something. My oldest brother has taken over that role for he's the same.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think that if they are a natural teacher (meaning that it was a calling for them), they will always be teaching, at least a little, after hours as well. I know lawyers and doctors that do the same.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:04 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My SIL is a teacher, and I feel sometimes he continues when he gets home. He talks to my GR-DD at the age of 8 like the age of his students 10-11 th grade. He is very strict with her abt homework. which is not a bad thing she has been on the honor roll for years. I just wish he would talk to her on her age level and she'd be more comfortable going to him with questions.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think it depends on the teacher. When I was in high school, I used to hang out with my English teacher, haha. (I was a senior and was 19, and she had *just* finished her teacher licensure and was only 25, and we had a TON in common.)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 9:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• What is "contion" supposed to mean?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• sorry my oldest wrote that question and i messed her up it was suppose to continue. i was brushing her hair thats why she spelled it wronge.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I agree wth "scuba". I am a licensed educator turned stay-at-home mom and there is a part of me that is always teaching. I don't even notice I am doing it really; it is just an integral part of who I am.
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 10:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i'm letting my 8 year old pick the answer, this is her question.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think a lot of the teachers bring their work home and think of ideas on how to make teaching interesting for their students.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Former teacher here. We never stop teaching. Ever. Even when we're not teachers anymore.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2010