Question adult content

The cup u use for your period,how much are they,how many do you get,are they hard to put in. Do they really work? What about ladies that flow real heavy?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 8:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• I have seen them online however I have never thought about using them. I have thought about using a washable menstrual pad.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:52 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Its about $20 they are confusing to put in at first, and yes, they do really work. I flow heavy, and it still holds
    mommyofelise

Answer by mommyofelise at 8:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Price depends on what type you get. They take about 1 to 2 periods to get right so you do need a backup. I have a really heavy period and I can still wear it for up to five hours on my heaviest days without leaking.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 9:09 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• if you are allergic to latex though, you might not want to try it. i thought about it, but have not found one that is latex free. So for me it's out.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:09 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• The diva cup is latex free. It is a medical grade silicone.

tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 9:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I use Diva cup, it works really well. It did take a few time using it to get the hang of it, but I really like it. I also have a pretty heavy flow.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 10:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't use one but I have read so many reviews of the diva cup. Its latex free and cost around 18- 25 dollars. I think you only need one....they last up to 5 years but it is suggest by a lot of users to change them every year. I think the trick on putting it in is just a trial and error thing as when you fist started using a tampon i assume.....several tries till you got it down but worth it according to a lot of people using them. they come in small and large...small suppose to be for lighter flow or before childbirth and the large for heavier flow and post childbirth. I personally can not make friends with that idea but it is a very economical and natural way to control your period. Good luck....can not hurt to try...i think the price is great for a product that last over a year with proper handling :)
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2010