Name?

I know the name Isabella is over used now. But since I was 10, I have always loved the name Isabelle. Is that too close to Isabella?

mommyofelise

Asked by mommyofelise at 8:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Baby Names

• I think it is beautiful! I think both versions of the name are! You name your amazing little angel that and don't fret over what is popular now, because no matter WHAT name you choose someone is going to comment on it in some way to annoy you, lol.

I named my oldest daughter Angelina Elizabeth so that she could have a professional name for when she grows up and so that I could call her what she is to me every day, "Angel". Everyone (to this day, ugh!) asks me, "Is that after Angelina JoLee?"
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• they are both beautifull names
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think the two are just as close in my opinion. If I heard the one name I would automatically think it was the other one. BUT I love them both, very pretty names~!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Who cares how many kids out there have that name, if you love the name, use it! I looked on the Social Security Administration site and according to their statistics, in 2009 Isabella was the number 1 name, but only 1.1% of babies born that year were named that. It may be the most popular name but 1.1% isn't all that much. Also to help put things in perspective there are usually well over 4 million babies born every year, of those only 22,000+ were named Isabella in 2009. My 11 yr old DD's name is Madison and was in the top baby names when she was born and we do not know anyone else with that name. So use it, contrary to popular belief she will not be in a class full of Isabellas:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I love the name Isabelle... It's beautiful.... I don't hear Isabella or Isabella much anymore. You can change the "S" to a "Z" of you wanna make it a little more different Izabelle.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 4:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I like it. Use it.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• not really..

go for it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I love both those names dont worry about it lol you name what you want or wait and see their face then decide.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I love the name Isabelle. You could call her Belle for short. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• If that is the name you want, than use it, it doesn't matter if it is trendy. I had Ethan chosen since I was in high school, and had no idea how common it was, it happened to be the 3rd popular name for boys the year he was born.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 12:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010