Canker sores

I have gotten canker sores all my life, I get them very bad...sometimes 15 at a time, I guess they are outbreaks...since I have gotten braces after an adjustment I get a mouth full and it is very painful, does anyone know of anything that relieves the pain for more than 30 minutes? Also, what do you use when you get them on your tongue? I have gone to dr's throughout the years and they pretty much give me a mouthwash that does nothing. Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Health

• I love to use chloraseptic spray when I get them. It's rare though. I only get them when I am getting sick/colds. Good luck to you. Oh I use listerine too, all the time so maybe the use of listerine and using chloraseptic spray when they bother me is what was killing em off.
    I should say that I also love the feeling of using listerine, No Pain, No Gain...LOL
    MamiSanford

Answer by MamiSanford at 12:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• One of my kids get canker sores once in a while. I had her swish her mouth with Silver shield, also known as colloidal silver, and it healed them up really fast. It didn't help with the pain, but it did heal them in just under 24 hours.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Where do you get silver shield? Is it next to the other mouth washes? I will have to try it :)
    Anonymous

• I've never had a mouthful of them, but I did get them very badly one summer when I was under stress. I had to go to the Dentist for them, and the Dental Assistant recommended L-Lysine for them. It works wonders for me. I take the supplement at night before bed, and there is a noticeable improvement by the morning. Because you get so many, you might want to check with your Dentist to see if it is safe for you. You can find L-Lysine (or just Lysine) in the supplement section in your drugstore. Good luck! I also use the topical creams for the pain for one or two that are located near the toothpaste and floss. It has a numbing effect, but, like I said, I never got a mouthful of them. Good luck!
    JoyceD

Answer by JoyceD at 8:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2008