God knows all???

If God knows what is going to happen in the future, then he already knows whether or not you are going to make it into Heaven. The Bible says that He knows us before we are born. So, why would He allow us to be born if all He was going to do is send us to Hell. I know we have our own will, but He already knows the future and He already knows we are going to Hell, so why allow us to live?

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• There has to be evil in the world inorder for there to be good. It's a simple fact. Without the bad no one would appreciate the good. It's the balance of Nature and why both exist.

Answer by amethystrse at 4:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• You have your own will, as does He. You simply have to allow Him to guide you. This world is full of nothing BUT temptation. It's your job to overcome that. Through Jesus, all things are possible!!

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• AH, the all mighty Epicurean riddle. Have fun with this one LOL

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• We are born with the will to CHOOSE the gates of hell or the gates of heaven. Yes God does know our future, but that does not take away our free will to make the decision between Him or Hell, that would be completely against the whole meaning of Him sending His son Jesus to die on the cross. John 3:16 says: For God so loves the world the He gave His only son, that whoever BELIEVES in Him, WILL NOT PARISH but have everlasting life. If God didn't give us the choice to choose...then why would He have sent Jesus to die to begin with? It would be an irrelivant event in history right? Why did God choose disciples to spread His truth? We as Christians are responsible for spreading the word of God to non-believers...even though we may speak to their hearts it is still their ultimate decision to decide what they want in their lives, just like you have the CHOICE and I have the choice...GOD DOES NOT SEND PEOPLE TO HELL...PEOPLE CHOOSE HELL.

Answer by November_Mom_2B at 8:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• November mom you missed the point. The point was, if god knows everything, he already knows whether a person will choose. The op is asking, why, if god already knows our choices, does he permit those who choose not to follow god, even the chance to live,when he knows the outcome. The answer is simple, though not one you'd want to hear!

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• you have free will and nothing is ordained.

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• God loves you whether you choose to love Him or not. He loves us so much that He has given us free will. His Word says that the only way to heaven is through His Son. A relationship with Jesus not only guarantees you a place in heaven but it also gives you hope and peace here on earth. I can tell you that my life has changed dramatically since I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior over 18 years ago. I'm confident of where I will go when I leave this earth. I do not live in fear every day of the unknown. Think about it this way If I made the right choice and you didn't where would that leave you? If there is no God what have I lost? Faith, Hope and Love are positive. Doubt, fear and hate are negative. I pray that you stop doubting and allow God to fill you with the certainty of His love by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

Answer by luvmyoven at 11:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• No riddle here-there's just no convincing someone whose already convinced that it's true, even when it isn't true at all!!

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• no I did not miss the are both interpreting the Word of God completely wrong and that is very unfortunate.

Answer by November_Mom_2B at 7:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Psst, I don't believe in any god, in case you haven't figured that one out yet!

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2008