32 weeks baby has pkd?

my sister is 32 weeks pregnant she was sent to the city due to have a level of over 2,000 of protien in her urine (24 hour urine collection) they did an us two days ago and it showed her babies kidneys are enlarged and has cycts already. they did a special us yesterday and they got the results back today showing that her baby has severe kidney disease. PKD to be exact, I have it and my mom has it. but we wernt born with it, we developed it over time. has anyone dealt with this? or any advice? thanks

duedec10

Asked by duedec10 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I will say a prayer. I am sorry your family is going thru this. God Bless
    MamiSanford

Answer by MamiSanford at 12:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• According to what I found on Wikipedia, there is a form of PKD that manifests in infants called Autosomal Recessive PKD. It sound pretty serious, I am so sorry to hear her baby was diagnosed with this. I hope things turn out better than expected. My prayers are with your family!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 9:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• my son had it from birth. i didnt know til about 3 months later (he kept peeing blood, no communication to his dad's family, where EVERYONE has it so they did a bunch of testings).. the doc did tell me that most likely my son wouldnt make it past a year old, but he's a healthy, happy 4 year old boy- with no problems (as of yet).
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 5:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009