Does bathroom tap water taste differently than kitchen tap water?

I think it does and so do my kids. My husband says we're all crazy because the water comes from the same pipes, and any difference is all in our heads.

What do you say? Does it taste the same of different?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Blindfold them and put samples of the water in smaller cups. Have them taste like four different cups or something where you have multiple different samples (two from the kitchen, two from the bathroom, etc). Label the bottom of the cups so you know which one they drank and where they said it came from, but with the blindfolds they won't be able to see the labels (or even put room A and room B). Record your findings on a chart on a piece of paper. :) I think the bathroom tap water (even though I don't drink from the tap I have before) always tastes nastier... but I also think it is all in my head. :)

Lol, I'm such a geek!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:44 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It can vary from faucet to faucet. Whether it be there are different material pipes leading to each faucet, or just the distance it has to travel from one to another. There are a lot of reasons that can change the taste of tap water within one house.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I agree with your husband unless you have some kind of filter on the kitchen faucet. It may just be psychological, bathroom means toilet water and kitchen means cooking. lol

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Heck yes it does.. its much better from the bathroom!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It reminds me of the water from the water hose when I was a kid. It tastes just like that :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It does to me! Bathroom water tastes sweet.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i can't say i've drank any tap water from the bathrooms..but i have noticed a very different taste (from our house we sold) in the water from the kitchen, and what ends up in the ice trays. i just decided it was this old country house we're renting, and the pipes are old, as well.
    it doesn't taste 'fresh'..so i've limited my use of either. of course, it could be the fridge that smells funny (belongs to the house) and therefore, makes the ice cubes taste funny?? idk.

i'm thinking about not being so cheap, and buying water, again. but i'm still stuck with the same ice cubes. :((
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• In our house it tastes different because our kitchen pipes are newer PVC plastic, which doesn't impart any flavor to the water, but the bathroom pipes are copper and the water tends to have a slightly metalic tinge to it, so we don't drink water from the bathroom. We don't really drink the water from any of our taps because it is so hard (heavy with minerals) and it tastes funky, so we only drink & I only cook with the filtered water from the refrigerator.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes it most certainly does. It has a really bad taste. I really can't explain why since it's all supposed to be from the same source.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think it's the faucet. We replaced the bathroom faucet with a waterfall one, the water tastes the same as in the kitchen now.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2010