Do you order things you don't make at home at your favorite restaurants?

I just went to Olive Garden the other day but didn't get the usual soup and salad from their lunch menu. I went off the map and ordered Caramel Hazelnut coffee and Tiramisu. It was delicious and off the map from the usual for me. Love to know wht you order.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• isn't that the reason to dine out? LOL!
    i won't go to a sandwich shop (any of them, national or local) because i can make any sandwich at home.
    one exception-i love italian food, and unless the restaurant is using some exotic ingredient or different kind of seafood i can't find locally, i can make anything i order at home, and do quite often.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes, especially chinese.
    ganna04

Answer by ganna04 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am a chicken-a-holic! I admit it! I order chicken in different ways. Ways I may not be able to make it and it taste right at home. My favorite dish EVER is the Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers from Chili's. I have no clue what breading and stuff they use and I don't want to! I want it the way THEY make it! lol

I try not to order something I make at home because that spoils the point of going out. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yep. I love trying new things at Red Lobster and Olive Garden.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I love Olive Garden. My favorite thing to order Seafood Portifino. DEELISH!
    CurvieMomma

Answer by CurvieMomma at 9:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Well, since I haven't been out to dinner in 5 years... I would be clueless. Being Italian, I wouldn't eat there! If I were to go out, I would probably order steak since we haven't been able to afford it in those same 5 years. LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I love trying new things at restaurants, then if I really like them I'll recreate them at home (or at least try, lol!)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes ,I do try new food and then try to copy it at home.Most of the time with good success.Though I fail at Indian food and I love Indian food .Actually there are several types of food I just can't really master so there is a pattern to our eating out.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If we go out to eat, it's for sushi or crab legs. Tiramisu I make at home and it's pretty easy if you can find the marscapone cheese and marsala wine here in redneckville SC
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Whenever we go out to eat we order foods we cannot or do not know how to make ourselves.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010