Will my hips ever go back?

I just had my 3 baby July 8. I have 2 girls and now a boy. With my girls I never had this problem but Im almost 2 months PP and I am still so very wide in my hips! Will they go back to normal? I also gained about 20 more pounds with my son... What do you think?

motherofpearl3

Asked by motherofpearl3 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have had twins and I have to wear a belt around my hips because it hurts...but I was reading in a baby magazine at the Dr.s office that there are belts now to wear around your hips right after you have your baby. I wish I would have used it right after childbirth. It works supposedly because your joints in your pelvis and hips are still soft from the hormone that made them spread when you gave birth. I say give it a try!!!! No idea what it was called. Ask your Dr.??
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• the bones themselves won't go anywhere, if it's fat on your hips, you can exercise to get rid of that.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I had a friend years ago that said she would lie on her side on the floor and have her husband sit on her hip bone...lol She swore it worked!
    cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 10:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have the same problem. I'm almost 8 weeks pp and can't even get my jeans over my hips. Once I lose the weight that I want, I still think that I'm going to have to buy all new jeans. I saw the belt that the previous poster was talking about at BRU but that was before I knew that my hips werent going to shrink back.
    7810LaLa

Answer by 7810LaLa at 10:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It takes 9 months to have a baby, give yourself some time.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:52 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No. Your hips are forever altered.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2010