Do you hand wash & wax your car or do you take it to a car wash?

I always make it a point to wash the car at least once a month to preserve the outside paint from the elements that eat at the paint. It helps to maintain the body of the car itself by doing so. How about you?

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I bought my car from Saturn...new-in 2007-they do free car washes for life...fine with me :)
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I let nature take its course... it rained today so I got a free carwash, too!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have been taking it to the car wash. Occasionally we do it at home and let the kids 'help'.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You're supposed to wash them?!? just kidding My kids wash mine - it's an older minivan and they love to do it. My husband has a Porsche that he washes and hand waxes.

Answer by missanc at 9:44 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My hubby likes to hand wash all his car, his trucks & the trailblazer........ but sometimes I rather just go to a car wash & get it done.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I usually take it to a car wash or have someone wash it. Ocassionally the kids and I will wash it.
    CurvieMomma

Answer by CurvieMomma at 9:48 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have never washed my car in the 4 years that I've had it. The 1st 2 years I was lazy but the last 2 I have been superstitious to do anything different because it runs so well and I don't want it to stop.

We also never wash our 1996 Caravan because if water gets near the fan belt, it comes off and we have to pay to get it put back on. We even have to be careful not to roll through puddles when it rains.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Hand wash and wax....there is no way I would take my car to a car wash... have you seen what they do to the paint... OMG... I had a Corolla and took it to the carwash periodically, scratched the crap out my finish. Nope, my Monte Carlo looks as good as she did when she was detailed at the showroom in 2002 and the car is 8 years old. It is driven in the snowbelt region and has never seen the inside of a garage...the paint is still pristine.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:51 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I wash mine every week, I go through a "touchless" car wash. About every 6 months, i take it to a detailer.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I will take it to the car wash. My DH hand washes and waxes.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 31, 2010