What style hair does your ds wear?

I have a 9yr. old and all of a sudden he wants to wear his hair flat like just plain flat I ask him WHY? He's like this is the way I want.
Well since he was in kindergarten he would have his hair really cut neat nicely trimmed alittle close to the scalp and towards the front I would give it alittle spike I would comb it down ward then I would go back and lift it in the front it looked so cute on him he wore it until this year :( I know he's growing up but picture day is around the corner and I don't think I want his hair like the way he has it, I told him he can wear li,e this for now but come pic day mommy will fix it...Am I being too controlling on his hair? thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My boys use to have the cut you're talking about it, then there came a time when my older son always tried to make it lay flat (my boys have a bit of wave to their hair). I hated it, but all the other boys did it so he did. As he continued to get older he started growing his hair longer (again not a look I was fond of), now at 16 he's finally back to the way mom likes it. :) The football team wants him to shave his head like he did last year (the whole team does it) he told them take it up with my mom, she doesn't like it. LOL

My younger son has gone through the same thing too, started making it flat, then grew it out and now he's 12 and decided to go back to the same cut you described. Which again is what mom likes.
    He'll come around, I say do it they way you'd like it for pictures and make that your compromise...its his hair and he'll probably go through a lot of changes with it. Its just part of growing up. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I get what you are saying. But I was once told when I took my kids (babies) for pictures, don't worry about them being perfect ( crying and fussing). Its a picture of what they were then, mood and all. Enjoy it for the snapshot in time that it is. I guess I would let him have this one.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• high and tight
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 9:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My son had longer hair at 9..like Justin Bieberish, then, he had short in the back longer in the front hair and now...the JROTC buzz. LOL He has bleached tips inn 2nd grade because he asked for them. I say let him do it, it is just hair and he will feel big for getting to have it how he wants it and when he is older, you can have the "Mom, why would you let me look like that?" comment from him. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010