For California Voters....How are you voting on Propostion 8?

What are your thoughts on this issue? Should marriage only be defined between a man and a woman?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!

I already said this in another question a few days ago, and I am sorry for saying it again (not really!) but this is the best way to describe how I feel about the matter.

"If gays want to get married and be miserable like the rest of us, I say we should let them." _peter Griffen (of Family Guy)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I am not a resident of California, but I want to clear this up, in case people don't understand.

Gay marriage has already been legalized in California. If you vote yes on Proposition 8, it is to take gay marriage away. If you vote no on Proposition 8, that means you are voting to keep gay marriage.

I thought it sounded confusing, so I thought I'd try to help other CafeMom members.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 12:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Yes on Proposition 8!!!! California voters had already voted and defined marriage as between 1 man and 1 woman however the California supreme court did not care what the California voters wanted and overstepped there authority which is why Proposition 8 needs to pass to inforce what the voters have already stated and declared... Marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• If I lived in California, I'd be voting a big fat NO to Prop. 8 =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I agree 100% with you bonn777....I did not get a say when the Supreme Court made that decision on behalf of all of the California voters! I will be voting YES!
    Anonymous

• I would vote to take away legalizing marriage between gay people because marriage is between one man and one woman. Enough said.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I'm voting NO! It's discrimination.

There shouldn't be a question of whether or not it is even legal. WTH do I care what somebody else does in their own bedroom?

Are they less worthy of a marriage because they happen to love somebody of the same sex? Nope.

Anonymous

• It has always been known that marriage consists of a man and a woman....why should it be changed just to please a minority of the people?
    Anonymous

• I am in California and I will be voting NO. This would be the 2nd time that California has voted in gay marriage and then took that freedom away, if this prop passes. It's ridiculous. I don't understand why anyone would be against gay marriage. It's in no way a threat to your marriage or your right to marry who YOU love. It's not a threat to the nuclear family. The basic truth is that gays are United States citizens and they should have the same rights as any other member of this country. Remember that not so very long ago, neither women nor African Americans had the right to vote. It's a similar issue in that the right to vote is a basic American right. And the right to marry who one loves, whether black, white, purple, gay, or striped, is one right that every American should have. HOO-RAH!
    NCLioness

Answer by NCLioness at 2:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• the California supreme court did not care what the California voters wanted and overstepped there authority

no, they didn't . they did their jobs by abolishing a policy which violated the states constitution. It shouldn't be the voters business to dictate the terms of the relationship of two consenting adults.

NO ON PROPOSITION HATE
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2008