Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tubal reversal

hello cafe 35yold female with a huge obstacle.i have three children and 10yrold ago i did a tubal ligation,and ten yold ago i got married to a wonderful man who have no kids.and he wants to have a child.i want to get my tubes untied but the operation is so expensive,and i need you guys feedback

Answer Question

Asked by mwood108 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Level 12 (877 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Even with the surgery you may not get pregnant. He knew you couldn't have children when he married you. He needs to get over the idea of have a child.


    Answer by Gailll at 10:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • Tubal Reversal Surgery
    Just as a tubal ligation is considered to be major surgery, so is a tubal reversal. Normally, this procedure takes two to three hours and is done under general anesthetic. In order to make your fallopian tubes functional again, the doctor will unclamp; reattach; remove any devices that may be blocking your tubes or place an implant into your fallopian tubes. This type of surgery does require a hospital stay of at least one night but you may need to remain in the hospital for as much as five days after the surgery. Once you leave the hospital, you can expect to completely recover from the procedure over the course of the next four to six weeks.
    The cost of tubal ligation usually ranges from $1,200 to $6,000. It depends very much upon the state, region and private clinic. Some insurance providers cover at least part of the surgery cost.
    See my second post.

    Answer by MTM at 10:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • you should check with your insurance for more information.
    Good luck to you.

    Answer by MTM at 10:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • Good luck with that.

    Answer by cynprz at 1:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.