ever feel taken advantage of by family?

i sure as heck do, ooo im three weeks prego i cant want watch my own son, you take him... wait!? I have done it allll by myself..

sigh

ok i live w mil. my almost SIL asked my MIL to watch my nephew, but MIL goes to work @ 1. well i wasnt asked if i was doing anything, or had plans nothing, just basically i have to watch him while MIL is at work.

this isnt the first time. SIL decided to go out of state for a week and was planning on taking her son, then the day she leaves decides not to, and we dont know he and my BIL (who works) was still in town, so now suddenly me and MIL have to baby sit this kid... idk its aggriavating inconsiderate people

Trin0714

Asked by Trin0714 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I feel that way alot. Usually, when I feel that way though, I will say something.
    Like if I were you, the next time I talked to my SIL, I would just tell her I don't mind watching my nephew, but I do expect to be asked if I can!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I take care of my 23 mo grandson over 40 hours a week for free. Sometimes my son drops him off for 2 hours and comes back in 10 hours. I'm also a full time student, in my 50s and disabled. My grandson has a life-threatening gentic disease and lots if allergies and has eczema from head to toe. Sometimes he is so itchy that he screams tor hours. I have to hold him a lot including the whole time he naps to keep him from scratching in his sleep. My DIL works because she can't take care of him by herself. The longest she can be with him is a couple of hours. My son and I split up taking care of him so niether of us get exhausted, we both have the same genetic disease as my grandson and fibromyalgia.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:48 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm proud to own a set of stainless steel balls, so I don't permit anyone to screw me over in such a fashion.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes. have a mom who first words in a phone conversation are "can you do me a favor?" it never fails,if she's calling its favor time. If I call her its her talking all about my cousin's baby and 3 seconds before she hangs up she asks about my son.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Next time something happens like that say I'm sorry I have plans (Even if you don't) Grab your things and hit the town with your babe. Let them find a solution besides you.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 12:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2010