If you are pagan do you call yourself a "witch"?

I'm wiccan i dont use the word witch cuz of peoples stigma with the word.

Trin0714

Asked by Trin0714 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Pagan and I practice magic and many of the magical crafts. I do not call myself a witch nor am I Wiccan.

OP, the definition of Pagan is still very open to interpretation, so much so that any monotheistic religion is considered not Pagan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• being pagen doesn't mean you are a witch. Pagen can be a broad term that covers people that still believe in the old ways (pre christianity)
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i know this. But many i meet call them selves pagan yet still practice a path of wiccan.
    I know pagan is anything that ISNT christian, so it even includes muslims and hindu and so on
    Trin0714

Comment by Trin0714 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am Pagan, if I had to choose I would prefer wiccan, like you said so many still believe witches are "evil". For that matter many people think the pentagram is a sign of the devil...lol. Ignornace is frustrating! :)

cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 10:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• thery aren't necessarily the same thing. most pagans I know don't practice witchcraft or other Wiccan things, but they can
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am a Pagan Witch... I use the word Witch every chance I get... If we don't use it that stigma will never change! And I have joined the Society for the Prevention of Witchcraft Being Called Wicca.

You should read THIS.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• And Just for the record Pagan is NOT anything that isn't Christian. It's anything that isn't Abrahamic in nature... Muslim, Christian, Jewish and all of their lesser sects fall in to the Non-Pagan category...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm actually more Wiccan than Pagan but Like Sabrina I will use the word Witch every chance I get so I call myself a Wiccan-Witch
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010