Tomorrow is my 5 year olds first day of school should I send her anyway?

Well she is so happy she can't wait to start school she has only been asking me since she was 3 when she was going to school and now the time comes. Well she starts her first day of kindergarden tomorrow she has never been in school. Today she was fine this morning took a bath. Then she asked me "do I start school tomorrow?" I said yep and she got all happy dancing around and everything. I then started cutting her bangs then trimmed the back of her hair she told me she didn't feel good then she gagged, but didn't throw up. I told her to go lay down for a bit I took her temp it was 98.5. She told me her belly hurt. I think it is that she is nervious (though she told me she isn't) or it is that she is over happy about going (is that possible?) An hour later though she was fine belly don't hurt or anything. What if it hurts tomorrow morning? Should I still send her to school?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• She is fine....just excited about school and something NEW. 98.5 is normal....I see no reason to worry at all.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'd send her. If she complains of being sick, take her temp. If it's fine, send her. Same rules apply for the whole year. It's just the first day jitters, she'll feel better once she gets in there.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yes, send her anyways
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• tomorrow we are taking her to school she wants to take the bus, but I have to take her shot records in anyway so I told her we will take her the first day, but if she wants she can take the bus home so thats what she wants. Then after that she will be taking the bus to school and home
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes, I would send her. You would be sending a bad message if you let her stay home. Now if she were already going and established, it may be another story...but, her first day, no.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• As long as she doesn't have a fever send her. Make sure the school can contact you in case she throws up so you can go get her.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:51 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• She will be in the same boat with lots of other kiddos- not sure if she is excited or scared but there all the same :0
    Enjoy this milestone with your child!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'd send her.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would send her as long as she isn't running a fever, or throwing up. Just nervous like a lot of other little guys and gals will be too.
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If there is no fever I would send her. My DH gets sick everytime he gets really nervous . So does his daughter. She got that way the day before school, on the way to school, then came home in a great mood and couldn't wait to go again.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2010