My 2 year old maybe tongue tied...

When my son was born, I noticed right away that he was a little tongue tied, the doctors told me not to worry about it too much because he was eating just fine. Well, he is 22 months now, and is still eating very well, but he has a very limited vocabulary. He does ALOT of babbling and baby talk, not very many clear words. Do you think it is because he is tongue tied?

BradensMom1026

Asked by BradensMom1026 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son just had his tongue tie clipped in March. He's turned 4 in march and goes to speech therapy because he has a lisp thanks to not getting it corrected sooner.

Get a referral and get it sniped. It takes 15 minutes and they dont usually have to go under full General anesthisia. My son was up and talking right after it was done, and felt fine.
    spammyann

Answer by spammyann at 11:05 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Very well could be the exact reason . I would get a second or even a third opinion on that. I know many kids that had their tongue fixed earlier and it drastically changed their speech and eating.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:05 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We have gone to 2 different doctors and an ENT, and he can't stick his tongue out all the way...I asked them to snip it right after he was born and they wouldn't... My nephew was also tongue tied and had his snipped right away and was talking before he was 2...
    BradensMom1026

Comment by BradensMom1026 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2010