• In the Spotlight:

Preschool...

My daughter will be turning 3 in November and I really want to get her in Preschool. How do i go about doing this? Will they let her in at the age of 2 now but will be 3 in November?

myasmommy1107

Asked by myasmommy1107 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Most places will not. It just depends on where you live. My church has a preschool that has a program for 2 1/2 and up. The preschool my son is going to this year only allows 3 & 4 year olds, but they have to turn 3 before August 1 to be eligible. My best advice would be to pull out the phone book and start calling preschools in the area and just ask.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• most places they have to be 3. You have to call around. I called when I was going to put my now kindergardener in preschool, but then decided not to. She was 2. They said that they take them at 3 years, but there was one preschool that took them at 2, but it was a mommy and me thing that you went with them once a week they went. Then once they were 3 they would go by themselves. Also most preschools wont take kids unless they are potty trained.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Make use of GOOGLE. Type in the name of your town followed by the word "pre school." MANY pre schools have websites you can browse. :) I found a LOT when searching for my DD.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:13 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• www.childcareaware.org and find your local child care resource and referral agency
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Thank you all for the advice...
    myasmommy1107

Comment by myasmommy1107 (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• you should ask if they allow childrento enter in january.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 1:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• it all depends on the program... my oldest turned 3 in june and is in K3... 3 days a week 2.5 hours per day...
    my youngest will turn 3 in october (she is currently 1)... and she will be able to start K3 at the age of 2... but will only go 2 days a week for 2.5 hours per day... then move on.
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Some schools let kids in at 2, some 3, some 4.. you just have to check with each school.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010