Do you believe that you can control your dreams?

I remember when I was a kid my sister told me this:
1. If you want to dream eat something before going to bed.
2. If you want to dream about something in particular think about it before you fall asleep.

I don't know if it works or not but I have noticed that things I think about a lot during the day are things I dream about at night. What are your thoughts?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 11:10 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Never thought about it, but it's worth a try.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I believe that we can guide our dreams. Thinking about the dream before falling asleep is what I do.

Answer by Bmat at 11:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Like, lucid dreaming? Or just preparing beforehand what you're going to dream about?
    I don't know? Dreams are just your conscious thoughts mixing with your subconscious thoughts.
    But I don't think I'd want to. I like finding out what has been locked away in my subconscious. :)
    Ellie19

Answer by Ellie19 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I believe that you can but it takes pratice.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't think you can forcefully make yourself dream something particular but there have been instances where certain things have been on my mind when I went to bed and they carried on into my dreams. It happened last night actually. And I can't prove it right or wrong but the eating before bed to dream thing is interesting. The most vivid dreams I've ever had is while pregnant and while on prescription muscle relaxers (not while pregnant, and prescribed for a medical reason).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't know... I tend to dream about what's been on my mind but the dreams are always really wacky (well, at least since i've been pregnant they have been)
    Last night I dreamed that my baby was born, except she just kind of came through my skin and i looked at her and she looked like she was blind... I said, "oh, she's not ready yet" and all of the sudden she was back in the womb...
    weird huh?
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I usually dream about the last thing I saw on tv. Yes I know I watch to much tv lol
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 12:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I KNOW you can controll your dreams, re-direct them if they are bad, even wake yourself up if they are nightmares. LOTS of books at the library on controlling dreams in the self help section.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think I have dreamt about things on my mind when I've had it on my mind during the day or evening. But I don't know if I can MAKE myself dream about a particular thought. I most certainly will give it a try and if it works I will definately let you know.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010