Did God create Evolution?

its clear other animals have evolved over time, why not humans? We didn't just appear over night this way.

Asked by Zoeyis at 11:11 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I can take those who believe in creator guided evolution much more seriously than those who only believe in creationism. Evolution is a scientific theory supported by mounds of facts and evidence. Creationsim, not so much. They claim they have "supporting evidence" but it leaves out facts that are inconvenient to their theory. Whereas evolution wasw based on ALL the facts. If the facts show something differnet occured, the theory changes to incorporate that new information,.

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Do I think that the universe was created and evolution set into place by the Abrahamic god described in the bible? Absolutely not. Is it possible that there is another magnitude of existence beyond what we perceive that had a hand in our being here? Of course. There's no way to rule that out. To a bacteria living out its life on your arm, you do not exist. Who's to say we're not just bacteria?

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I believe he created micro-evolution. I also believe the Bible is truth, so I believe that he created humans and the animals at the same time as whole beings. But there is no denying micro evolution. If you go in older houses you'll notice they have smaller doorways because people are evolving bigger as time goes by, etc.

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes. I'm a firm CGE believer! The two are NOT mutually exclusive!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I believe that DNA is God's master plan or blueprint for every living thing. He did use very similar design, and we share a great deal of the same DNA patterns with many living beings. Whatever happened, God did it. The fact that we have scientific knowledge about it doesn't change anything. I still believe that God made it happen.

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes. I believe he put life on the Earth as single celled organisms,threw in a little chaos,and sat back and watched the outcome.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am a Christian and I have said this same type of thing before. My belief is that when the Bible says ONE day...that that ONE day to God is like 1,000 to us. So in his creation of animals he changed them into being what he intended them to be...."evolving" if you wish to call it that.

I am not sure exactly. But I do know what my heart believes. :)

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I believe so.

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I believe in Creator intended/led evolution. So, in a way, I do believe He "created" evolution.

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes- as with everything- evolution is part of a larger plan and I believe in God as its creator. I agree with Sabrina-the two are not mutually exclusive. Why would God create something that could not evolve and adapt?

Answer by soyousay at 12:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010