What are some good meals that you can do things with the leftovers?

I'm looking for dinner ideas of foods that I usually end up with lots of leftovers that I can make stretch. Examples, fajitas then fajita soup, sloppy joes then casserole, or something that can be used for many different meals like lime chicken and rice used over a salad, in burritos, and in omlettes. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your ideas ladies!

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I like to roast a whole chicken and then you can use the leftover chicken for just about anything- casseroles, soups, on salads, etc...
    chili is another good one- chili mac, chili dogs,etc...
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You could boil 1 or 2 chickens
    Use them for enchiladas, chicken and noodle soup, tortilla soup, eat it on lettuce for lunch
    Make spaghetti and use sauce for lasagna.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I've made meat loaf, then meat loaf sandwiches, then broken up the meatloaf into spaghetti sauce for spaghetti, and even used chopped meatloaf in soup. :)

Answer by Bmat at 11:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I usually have tacos one night, and then use the left over meat & beans to make enchilladas the next night.

Also roasted chicken leftovers make great soups, are great on salads, make good sandwiches or casseroles!

Grilled Pork is great in Jambalaya the next night as well!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Left over beans, chicken, pork and beef roast all go well into burritos on day 2.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• hot dog on hot dog buns one night------ spaghetti with 'homemade garlic bread the next' i.e hot dog buns split open with butter and garlic (cheese, if you want) tacos one night ---- taco pizza the next veg stew one night ---- chili made the next day and frozen meatloaf -- stew or meatballs hamburgers--- sloppy Jo's tuna sandwich- tuna salad- tuna in mac and cheese with peas

lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Roasted Chicken, Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2010