What is the UHRU Movement?

Also known as the African People's Socialist Party. I really do not understand what they are trying to accomplish or who exactly they are? I read an article that the of the UHRU movement are against Obama because he doesn't support the African culture. Does anyone know anything about this?

babymakr

Asked by babymakr at 1:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• http://apspuhuru.org/index.shtml

http://www.uhurumovement.org/
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• keep digging, Baby. it's not going to work.

you people reallly need to coordinate your takling points. you're all over the map.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It's basically a black separatist group based in St. Petersburg FL. They did protest Obama when he appeared in FL because they feel he is not supportive of their goals. That is the one bright spot for Obama--if those loonies are against him he must have something going for him. Not much, but something!

Google uruhu--your jaw will be on the floor when you read their platform!!
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 5:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I'm not sure about Uruhu, but if you read Obama's church's website you'll see it is all about Afro-centrism and liberation theology. Heck, they say they're Christian, but don't even mention Christ!

It is to his credit that extremists protest him. His views are fairly extreme, but not THAT over the top.
    Laura_Lee

Answer by Laura_Lee at 6:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I have gone on their website but I guess what I don't understand is why they want to kill all the white people and why they want the USA to have a part of it become Africa when most of there members have never been to Africa?
    babymakr

Answer by babymakr at 8:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• oh and autodidact...what do you mean by you people???
    babymakr

• I'm so glad that those loonies are against Obama. That's because he is an honorable man who won't support their bull.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2008