Can anyone recommend a great adventure novel? (read details)

I would like to get a book for a good friend of mine. He loves adventure novels! I'm more of a horror reader, so I don't know what authors to look for. And truthfully, I'm not sure what he has and has not read. I don't want to ask, and ruin the little surprise. But I know he hasn't read anything released in the last 6 months or so... What do you think ladies?

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 11:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Clive Cussler's books are adventurous. He has 3 or 4 different "series", but they can be read individually and I'm pretty sure he has a new one out. Also you could ask at the book store or even the library - they should be able to help you find what you are looking for.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Author Lee Child has a series of books with the character Jack Reacher. They are a popular set. I just read one called Nothing to Lose. Clive Cussler is also very good - my husband loves his books.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• the only ones that come to mind are the classics like Jack London's stuff or "into the Wild" which it sounds like he's probably already read... sorry i'm not much help
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson is a good choice
    The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub
    momof2jmms

Answer by momof2jmms at 10:19 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time. The first book is quite old, so he may have read it. The next book comes out in November though, so asking if he's read it wouldn't hurt.

Azure

Answer by Azure at 10:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Steve Barry writes great adventure novels. I have read all of them. He has a brand new book out called "The Paris Vendetta" Lincoln Childs and Douglas Preston also write great adventure books. They are the Agent Pendergast books and there are a lot of them. They are some of my fav books.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Has your friend ever read ENEMY MINE that is one of the best books i have read, it has aliens in it but it is a wonderful story.
    yamus

Answer by yamus at 7:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010