Do you hide candy, chocolate or other snacks from your kids?

As my kids have gotten older they have become pretty good at finding it! I'm lucky though, as long as I also hid something that they know they can have and they like they leave what they know that I would really like!! It is almost a game now that they are teens. :-)

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• no..i hide it from the dh!!
    we have a huge orange bowl (used for halloween) that sits on top of the fridge..ds can't reach it, so he has to ask for something on the rare occasion that he desires a sweet. dh, being a man, can't see it sitting there in plain sight (did i mention that its huge and orange?), so he forgets we have sweets in the house.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yes if I don't want to share it lol. The kids always always wants whatever I am eating lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't usually eat sweets in front of my DD. If I know that there is something that she will enjoy but not candy or junk, we will offer her some.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• no, i need to hide them from myself!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't hide them, I have a snack cabinet where it all goes. They know that they have to ask first.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No. All the candy and junk type stuff goes in a orange bucket on the counter. She knows she's allowed one junk snack daily, so she usually picks out her own at the store. No need to hide.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010