What kind of snacks do you buy or make for your kids?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• chex mix, cheeze-its, goldfish, grapes. sliced apples with peanut butter, it really depends on what is on sale... we dont really do string cheese yet
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Fruit, wheat thins, cheese, goldfish, graham crackers, ants on a log
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• applesauce, raisins, and mommy's snack mix (cheerio's, kamut puffs, gerber puffs, yogurt melts, raisins), yogurt, apples, fruit cocktail, cheese, and anything that I feel is a healthy option. She is 2 and discovered wheat thins and tortilla chips this past weekend b/c she caught daddy eating them
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I like to get him string cheese, fruits, and he loves yogurt. You can also never go wrong with veggies dipped in ranch dressing.
    lovemyboys914

Answer by lovemyboys914 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• String cheese, apples, strawberries, grapes, oranges, applesauce, bananas, carrots, granola bars, yogurt, and plain hershey's bars (for her one junk snack a day).
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't buy snacks except for fresh fruit. I make granola bars, cookies, brownies, dried fruit chips, yogurt & berries, popcorn, caramel corn, peanut butter popcorn, cheese crackers, wheat thin crackers, fruit leather (roll ups) out of homemade applesauce and fruit puree', trail mix, veggie dip & veggies, bagel chips, pita chips, tortilla chips, bagel pizzas, pizza rolls, ice cream sandwiches, popsicles, fudge &/or pudding pops, frozen fruit chunks.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• red, yellow, orange and green bell peppers, radishes, carrots, tomatoes, apples, bananas, grapes, string cheese, oranges, strawberries.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Apples, frozen fruit cups (homemade), crackers, string cheese, stuff I bake (muffins, cookies, bars, whatever).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• When I go to the store to buy snacks for my children, I try to think what kinds of foods they have been eating and then I go to the healthiest I can get. In a box, I might buy, granola , yogurt ,granola bars, some fruit snacks( but you have to look at the sugar on each box) Or I might go to the vegetable and fruits and I will buy all kinds of fresh fruit and vegetables and maybe make a vegetable platter with some special kind of dip that the child or children might like and enjoy to get them eat a lot more of the good things, rather then eating a bunch of junk foods. Remember this really depends on the age of the child. But that is what I would do for the school age children.If you have a younger child then I would think of going to the fruits that are more age appropriate for that child/ children. Ex. If I had an toddler I might go to cut up bananas, or the little snack that the stores have in the infant section of the store
    my8angels

Answer by my8angels at 11:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• fruits & veggies mainly.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010