How do I make my son's 11th birthday as special as he is?

I was wondering how to make a my son's 11th birthday as special as he is even though his dad is away at school and we are on a very tight budget? I just want this to be a good birthday, knowing that he is missing his dad very much and that he really wanted to have his birthday party a Chucky Cheese. Please help if you can. His birthday is today and I don't have alot of time to plan for this little party and no one to really invite ( like his friends and family)

my8angels

Asked by my8angels at 11:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I guess cake and presents at home. You can GO to Chuck E Cheese,but with no notice you can't have a party there. You don't have many options since you didn't think ahead.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I like to let the birthday child pick out what we eat for dinner, don't have him do any chores, and he gets his choice of activities for the day. (No time restrictions on tv, computer, etc.) I also take a minute to tell them how special they are, not just as my child, but as a person. I loved the title of your post, I bet your son knows he's amazing every day. Happy birthday to him, I know he's going to have a special day.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It could be a very special day for the 2 of you to bond. can you take him somewhere he likes to go..maybe a science museum, the zoo, a movie, laser tag. Do you guys have a hibatchi grill there? Where they cook the food at your table I think they are fun!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Well, I'm not sure if this will work at this point, but one of my boys favorite birthday parties, was very affordable. They set up several televisions in the family room, and had their friends bring their video game systems over, and made basically an arcade in the family room. It cost nothing for that. Since they were "too old" for real goody bags, I spread confetti and mini candy bars and goodies all over the dining table around his birthday cake, the kids could grab treats as the wanted them. I just got pizzas, or even hot dogs would work, and chips and drinks...then cake and ice cream. The boys played all night and had a blast....all 3 of my sons had parties like this more than once because they had so much fun!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Hello all!
    I just wanted to give you an update on my son's Birthday on Tuesday.
    Well, I used most all of the suggestions that you all gave me, for this special day. I went out that same day and I bought things to make his Birthday day cake so it would be even more special then buying him a store bought cake. I went out an bought him acouple of gifts and wrapped them and bought alittle decorations for him as well as a couple of balloons to place in the middle of the table and added the candy around the balloons and presents as decorations on the table. I then made hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner. And Much to his surprise , His dad came home for his birthday and spent all night at the house with him and the rest of the family. It turned out to be a good night , except for the simple fact that my husband had to leave very early that morning on Wednesday to go back to school him self. Thank you for all of the suggestions!
    my8angels

Comment by my8angels (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Sep. 2, 2010