Are you a big football fan or do you do more socializing at High School football games than actually watching the game?

I'm not a big football fan myself and my son does not play football but the kids like to go because it is where they go to school and SO likes football so I go to most of the time. However, I find myself socializing and people watching more than anything!

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son plays so we go to watch ... though we still manage to get in a bunch of socializing in because we're required to help out with the concession stand and selling spirit wear and such during the games (varsity parents help out during sophomore games; sophomore parents help out during varsity games).
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ya the boys like to go to socialize, its the closest they get to going to a party.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My hubby coaches so I mostly watch the game. If I am going to be socializing I move away from the field so I'm not disturbing anyone who is watching the game. But anything I miss I can see when he's watching film.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Football - I'm a Band Parent!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Neither. DD isn't old enough to be interested and SO doesn't watch it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Where I grew up you did not and still do not come to socialize...you will get the stink eye. LOL Everyone is watching the game. Where my son used to go to school, most socialized and some watched. I haven't been to this new school, so, I don't know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I get distracted with sports easily, especially when it comes to football. I just recently started to understand the game but when they stop every 5 seconds its hard to keep paying attention. I haven't been to a HS football game in about 8 years but I think I'd probably people watch too, and reminisce on the days of HS lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i LOVE football... its my favorite sport (although I went to games all my life I never really understood it fully until I played intermurals in college)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• When I was in High School ( a million years ago) I only occsionally went to a game and if it was with my girlfriends,I just ran around socializing..and if it was a date . I had no idea what was happening on the field. I still don't understand or watch Football. I am not a sports fan at all. Except now that I have kids and grandkids who play soccer and tennis at school.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I grew up with a mom that watched football on TV and took me to games, she taught me all about football..LOL Then, my son played for a bit.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2010