Having a baby in Belgium?

I am a army wife and we are going to be moving to Belgium in my 8th month of pregnancy, I was just curious if anyone has had their baby there and if so what the difference is in care in the US as opposed to Belgium.

lovemyboys914

Asked by lovemyboys914 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Travel

• its fine, you just might run into a language barrier. They care for their kids the same as we do. BUT they do have nurseries on post... where your DH works, so you may not need to worry about that, as it would be an Army run nursery with American employees.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My biggest concern is the level of security at the hospital and all that good stuff. We are going to be stationed in Shape and I had heard that they only have a basic care hospital on post.
    lovemyboys914

Comment by lovemyboys914 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• no but am curious so post what it was like.please
    pamnjim

Answer by pamnjim at 11:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• they are just as secure as the USA about newborns. sadly basic care hospitals aren't equipped with baby wings (in most cases) so you might end up being able to give birth in a local hospital. I gave birth in Germany and it wasnt too bad aside from the fact they believe VERY strongly in natural births and often "mess" up an epie so it doesnt work and the mom gives birth naturally.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010